The Fair Work Ombudsman has a New Website
The Fair Work Ombudsman’s website assists employers and employees to find information about the various stages of employment.
Now with a new design and structure it will be easier for employers and employees to access information and advice on any type of device and in most languages. The improved search function will support finding information easier.
The Fair Work Ombudsman’s new page has the same content and functionality of most tools, and the resources remain unchanged, including their Pay and Conditions Tool.
The Fair Work Ombudsman have re-organised some of their information and resources into clearer, simpler pathways to help employers and employees find the information they need quicker.
This new section will bring together information and resources for employers and employees before or at the start of the employment relationship. It will include information about:
- Hiring employees
- Before starting employment
- Types of employees (for example, full-time, part-time, casual, shift workers)
- Unpaid work (for example, work experience, trials, and student placements).
Designed for people looking for information about employment conditions for current employees, this section will bring together information on topics such as:
- Awards and agreements
- Hours of work (including breaks, rosters and RDOs)
- Public holidays
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discrimination, bullying and harassment
- Workers compensation
- Industrial action and union membership
- Performance in the workplace.